[Recyclebank] After a night at a local L.A. bar, one thing became utterly apparent. The 90′s-2000 king of liquor , vodka, is no longer the current generation booze of choice. But don’t throw out all your bottles of Grey Goose and Ketel One just yet. Vodka has many other great uses that won’t cause you to wake up feeling like someone hit you in the head with an axe.
16. Clean jewelry. Soak jewelry in vodka for five minutes, rinse and dry
15. Remove lipstick stains from clothing. Rub the stain with vodka, then throw into your regular wash.
14. Cure foot odor by washing your feet with vodka
13. Make a soothing ice pack. Mix one cup vodka and one cup water in a resealable freezer bag and freeze until slushy. Use to relieve sprains, aching muscles and tired eyes.
12. Treat an ear ache. Put a few drops of vodka in your ear, let set for a few minutes, then drain. The vodka will kill the bacteria that is causing pain in your ear.
11. Make a mouthwash – that’s right, mouthwash! If you want minty breath, but don’t want your boss to think you’ve had a three martini breakfast, try this recipe. Mix 1/2 cup cinnamon or 3-4 whole sprigs of fresh mint with one cup vodka. Seal in a jar and let flavors mingle for about two weeks. Strain the mixture through a coffee filter. To use, mix with warm water and rinse your mouth. But remember not to swallow!
10. Treat cold sores by applying a little vodka to the spot with a q-tip. Your cold sore will be gone within a few days.
9. Clear up your outbreak of teenage acne. Since alcohol is a commonly used ingredient in acne products, why not use vodka instead? Apply vodka to your face using a cotton ball. The alcohol in the vodka is an astringent which will clean, tighten pores and kill bacteria.