When is it socially accepted to drink at a 2 year old’s birthday party? When that 2 year old is a brewery.
If you’re still mapping out your weekend plans and coming up dry for Saturday, maybe you should look into raising a glass and celebrating Los Angeles’ own Eagle Rock Brewery as they turn two in style.
As previously talked about on We Wit It, Eagle Rock Brewery is Los Angeles’ first brewery to pop up in the ever expanding L.A. craft beer scene. It’s a perfect reason to drop those PBR cans and head on over in celebration with them as their 2nd Anniversary event this Saturday, the 28th;
“Come join us for our 2-year anniversary celebration at the Verdugo Bar! We’ll be celebrating another amazing year by featuring many of our special beers on tap in an outdoor beer garden (Sorry, no pets or children permitted.).”
$12 gets you a commemorative glass (While supplies last) and 4 drink tickets good for tasters. If you’re still parched after those four, you can purchase more to wet your beak.
Not used to drinking anything but PBR, Bud or the High-Life? Oh, don’t you worry. With 4oz samples you’ll be able to discover just the right beer for your taste buds. Here’s a little guide to some of their delicious offerings;
- Revolution XPA – An American Pale Ale with some hop taste coming out of it to make it not your average pale ale.
- Manifesto Eagle Rock Wit – It’s a Belgian-style white ale that is light and perfect for these nice southern California hot days with a bit of citrus flavor and coriander taste coming out of it.
- Equinox – A very young sour ale which may not be for everyone, but once you get into sour beers, your beer drinking world expands like the little Mermaid losing her fins and stepping onto land. You’ll want to be apart of this world.
- Solidarity Black Mild – This English Style beer is low in alcohol, but high in malt flavor.
- Populist – This is for those of you who like a little bite to your beer. This hop forward beer is just the right amount of bitterness with
And if you think ERB would throw themselves a party and not bring some of their specialty one-off or pilot beers along, then you don’t know co-founder Jeremy Raul. Expect many more surprise brews getting poured at the event on Saturday.
Worried about drinking too much on an empty stomach? Don’t be. There will be plenty of food options to soak up all those 4oz tasters as the event will also host the winners from season one of FoodNetwork’s Great Food Truck Race, Grill ‘em All As they sling some of the metal burgers in your face. And if you want to get your Vietnamese dishes on, Mandoline Grill will be there as well with Banh Mi goodness.
Before you go racing to Eagle Rock Brewery’s tasting room, let’s clarify once again that this celebration will be held at the Verdugo Bar, which just around the bend from the brewery.
3408 Verdugo Rd.
Los Angeles, Ca 90065
12pm till 4pm
$12 for glass and 4 drink tokens